Thursday, August 11, 2011

My "Icy" Personality

I love coffee.

No, I mean I really love coffee.

It is my personality.

It fuels me with the ability to be the wonderfully witty and creative librarian that I am.

I have never understood those people who, after the age of about nineteen or so, can begin their day without a steaming cup of java at the ready.

I would keep a Keurig in my bedroom if I had the outlet space.

That being said, I just cannot bring myself to drink my beloved hot coffee during these humid-sticky-you-sweat-just-from-walking-to-the-car summer days. Even with all options of air conditioning on at full blast, it becomes an impossibility.

What's a girl to do?

Remember, I need this stuff.

Enter iced coffee.

Of course, right? It seems like a complete no-brainer. I'm sure that answer popped into your head about five sentences ago.

But it's really not that easy.

You see, not all iced coffees are created equal. If you try to make it from hot coffee, you end up with a weak and watery mixture from all the ice needed to cool it down. You can try putting a hot cup in the freezer, but where's the instant gratification in that? Dunkin Doughnuts' is too weak (plus they always get the amount of Splenda's wrong). Starbucks' is by far the most superior, but it's expensive and there isn't one on my morning route.

Do you see the problem?

Again, what's an addict--I mean girl--to do?

Thank goodness for The Pioneer Woman. She has created the perfect cold brew iced coffee recipe. Not only has it literally put the fast forward back in my morning, but it has saved me from purchasing a horribly weak coffee concoction and taken a good ten minutes off my morning commute.

Now I get the good parking spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment