Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Book Spotlight

Due to my "accidental" career, I am exposed to an exasperating amount of juvenile and young adult fiction and nonfiction books.

Obviously, right? That probably was assumed without mentioning.

I thought it would be a nice idea to share this knowledge with a (hopefully) larger audience. Because, let's face it, this information doesn't really do me any good beyond the walls of my school library. It's comparable to my savant-like intellect of all things celebrity.

So occasionally--no less than once a month but hopefully more often than that--I will post my review/stamp of approval/support for a particular work of fiction or nonfiction.

Reading these books to your children, to yourself, purchasing them for your school library, giving them as gifts, or checking them out from your public library would be just dandy!

Do I sound like LeVar Burton from Reading Rainbow?
"Take a look, it's in a book..."

I apologize for putting that theme song into your brain.

Don't hold it against the books. They need your support.

Stay tuned for the first spotlight...

No comments:

Post a Comment