Friday, June 10, 2011

The Overdues

It's the week before the last week of school. 

Ahhh....let's just reflect on that for moment. 

For students it means getting in all of those last-effort assignments. For teachers it means finalizing grades and cleaning out the classroom. For school librarians, it means morphing into a search and rescue agent.

THE MISSION
Recover overdue library books from students. 
BEWARE: The original dates of checkout may frighten you, 
and you may return to the library empty handed.

It's not as if my search and rescue abilities are lying dormant throughout the school year. I employ them quite often in fact. There's just something about the end of the year (and the truth that if I don't act now, those books will never see another circulation) that brings out my inner German Shepherd.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So here I am, sitting at my desk after the final bell on Friday (yes, FRIDAY) waiting to see if any of my targets actually run home to retrieve their long-lost books.

I hope they do.

Because this agent would much rather be getting a manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment